- On average 20 Veterans commit suicide every day.
- 70% of them were not receiving Veterans Administration (VA) care.
- The 2020 VA Annual Report on Veteran Suicides released in December 2020 only covers 2017-2018 data (no 2019 data in its 2020 annual report!).
- While the VA may not be able to report 2019 data a year later, the Department of Defense says that “Suicide among active duty troops jumped to six-year high!”
- Despite everything that has been done to date…Veteran suicides continue to increase.
- It is a National Tragedy.
This National Tragedy has reached epidemic proportions. We must realize and accept that the solution is not going to come from Washington, DC. All who care must act everywhere to attack this problem!
The Southwest Veterans Foundation provides grants to non-profit organizations with documented success in assisting high-risk Veterans and addressing the triggers we know are associated with suicide.
If just 4,300 people donate $20, we will reach our $100,000 goal.
Will you help us?
100% of your donation is tax deductible. SWVF FID number is 35-2534557.
On behalf of the Veterans and their families who will ultimately benefit from your generosity,
WE THANK YOU.